Viacom is home to world’s most premiere entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1.
As part of the set-up of a new Centre of Expertise, Viacom is looking to recruit a number of Finance roles. This is an opportunity to help shape and contribute to the development of complex, end-to-end global/regional financial processes and be part of a dynamic, highly skilled team.
Your new role
The Analyst will provide support to Viacom's Strategic Services FP&A team and assist in financial planning as well as in promoting financial discipline to the global Strategic Service organizations (e.g. HR, Legal, Finance, Strategy Departments). Key components of the role include helping to build the long range financial plan, evaluating changes to budget, actively managing actual costs and reporting on variance analysis for both business and financial leaders. The Analyst will provide Strategic Services FP&A team with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision-making, long range financial plans, annual operating plan and forecast cycles. Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
• Assist in the preparation of the Strategic Services Long Range Plan, Forecast, and Annual Operating Plan in collaboration with business partners and Finance colleagues aligned with the Company’s fiscal calendar. Plans must align to corporate deliverables and timeline, be accurate and tied to financial strategic targets.
• Support the finance team through monthly and quarterly closes within the framework of the Company’s close and post-close process. Specifically, at month end and quarter end cycles.
• Upload the budgets and forecasts into the planning tool and apply any changes in assumptions in a timely manner.
• Processes financial data related to strategic services for corporate functions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support Finance and Corporate Function teams to collect accurate information, and ensure the accurate transfer of data into financial and planning systems.
• Help to identify and monitor metrics that measure performance against priorities.
• Help prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
• Responsible to multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities and projects.
What you'll need to succeed
BSC/MSC degree in Accounting/Finance/Technology Business Management
CPA, ACCA (or equivalent)
Minimum 0 – 3 years of experience in a broad range of technology finance/budget management and/or business consulting experience
Strong business English language skills both oral and written (preferably C1 or above)
Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes (US GAAP/IFRS)
Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, with competing priorities.
Flexibility – a reasonable amount of overtime might be required around month end and year end
Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP is useful for faster integration
Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry understanding is a plus
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.